Sunday, June 6, 2010

Cosmagic Sweet Deco Cheek Review @ 8:05 PM

Hello~~!

Today I'm going to my FIRST review of my recent purchase of Cosmagic' Sweet Deco Cheek in Strawberry Pink.
It was featured in Popteen May 2010 by Kumiko Funayama. Cuteee~

So the package comes with 3 blush colours: A silky light pink cream blush, a dark sparkly pink & a pale pink highlighter. It also comes with a small brush & pom pom wand to apply the blush. The stencil to create the heart on your cheeks is actually cut out from the packaging. I thought that was quite creative~
Also, inside the packaging, there are instructions on how to apply the blushes to achieve the desired effect and instructions on how to do cute hime cheeks & sexy koakuma cheeks~

Light cream pink, Dark Powder Pink & Pale Pink highlighter

The blush compact is shaped like a diamond. A bit chunky and heavy but cute packaging nonetheless, typical of a Japanese product (^___^)

The powdered cheek colours are quite sparkly & pigmented. A little bit really goes a long way~ I found the cream blush a bit hard to apply. I had to rub & apply a few times to see the colours on my cheeks. I also really liked the highlighter. I normally use my Benefit High Beam highlighter, but I like this one so much more. It spreads nicely & smoothly and is super sparkly~~ Sparkly is kinda my thing (* A *)

Here's what I looked like after applying the colours to my cheeks. You can't see it very well because my camera is not that great (T___T) But honestly, it is very vibrant in real life & I love it~ I followed the instructions and applied the cream blush on the center of my cheeks followed by using the natural haired brush to apply over the heart stencil to the boniest part of my cheek. I tried using the pom pom wand like Popteen had shown to apply the colour over the stencil, but it was difficult to get the colour onto the pom pom wand. I think maybe the pom pom wand is for a more airbrushed effect? I also didn't like how some of the fluffy bits kept falling off and landing on my eyelashes (T___T) I like using the brush applicator much more even though the pom pom wand is really cute (≧▽≦) The applicator is soft and distributed the colour evenly without losing any hairs~ Then I used the same applicator to apply the pale pink highlighter around the area where I had applied the heart, under my eyes and on my T-zone area to created a 3D effect.

Even after a day of going out and about the colours were still staying put on my cheeks & was as vibrant as the minute I had applied them on my cheeks. Very long lasting ~ The heart was also a cute touch (^___^)

Final Verdict:

The packaging is cute and girly, suitable for ladies who like lovely princess-esque products. The colours are very pigmented & long lasting so you won't have the need to do any touch ups. If you desire the highly accented cheeks like gyarus then the ultra pigmented colours will definitely give you the pop of colour. If you want more of a softer effect, the pom pom wand will give you a light touch of colour. The cheek colours are cute & girly, perfect for a sweet look~

The only dislike that I have for this product is the pom pom wand, it was difficult to get the colour on the pom pom & it kept losing it's fluffy bits on my face. Otherwise I loved the colours & how pigmented they were. I could never find the sweet dolly pink that I wanted but this one is love for me~~

Phew* Writing reviews are tough. I hope I did a good job (>△<)

By the way, if you haven't applied already: I'm hosting a giveaway to celebrate my milestone of reaching 100 followers (over 100 by now)! Please join it here: http://lamaisondepoupee.blogspot.com/2010/06/purchases-of-week-my-100-followers-mini.html

Oh~ And hello new followers! Thanks for following!

Have a good week! I know I will because convocation is this Thursday~ Stay tuned for my convocation post (^ ◇ ^)

♥Becky

Labels: , ,

10 Holiday Cheers Send a Holiday Cheer


profile

Hello! My name is Becky. I'm RN who loves the gym, beauty, fashion & food!


Poupee

poupeegirl fashion brand community

friends

archives


credits