Monday, August 2, 2010

HG Lipstick & Autumn Shoe Lust @ 9:30 PM

Been a while since my last post again (T___T) I've been working & job hunting... It's been a bit difficult because there's very few jobs out there for new graduates right now & I'm really hoping that I can find a new grad position because it guarantees at least a year of full-time employment~~

So Friday I went downtown with the sister to do some shopping. We haven't shopped together for a while. I have to admit it's most fun shopping with my sister because she goes in to any store I want & has no bias so gives really good advice on whether I should buy certain things. I guess I'm lucky to have a sister that enjoys shopping as much as I do (^___^)



So I've been eyeballing Yves Saint Laurent's Faubourg Peach (#30) forever since I saw it in a look tutorial on a blog. But I hesitated because it was so expensive. I tried finding dupes of the colour at M.A.C. & Sephora but none of them were the colour that the YSL one was... So finally I caved and got it & do not regret this purchase at all. The packaging of the product is very pretty, especially the cutout of the YSL motif at the middle of the tube which shoes what the colour inside looks like. There's also a round mirror at the top of the cap that you can use to apply lipstick. Small but still functional~


Here's the lip colour in natural lighting. I think that the picture doesn't do the colour any justic because it's much more of a bright coral in real life. The colour appears too muted in the picture. It's a really gorgeous colour & I'm loving it so much I've been wearing it everyday. It's my HG lipstick right now~

The same day I also bought a pair of oxford shoes, which appear to be quite popular for preppy looks in the fall. I've always wanted a pair cause I thought they were really cute. Plus I've always loved the preppy look (^___^) I'm a big autumn/winter shoe fanatic... I'm not a big on buying shoes in the summer... I think it's because I'm not into wearing sandals or flip flops but I'm always willing to spend on A/W shoes. Can't wait to wear these (* A *)

Here's some snaps (courtesy of my camera & not scanner for lazy reasons) from the September 2010 of ViVi that I found interesting~ Mostly dealing with shoes though~~ (Please click for larger pictures)

E N J O Y!





Last two pictures are of the furry accessories trend for autumn. Faux fur I would hope because I would never wear real fur... Faux fur is just as cute & has much more variety too~~ I think I'd love to add a furry chain purse to my wardrobe for autumn (^___^) What about you~?

♥ Becky

Labels: , , , ,

8 Holiday Cheers Send a Holiday Cheer


profile

Hello! My name is Becky. I'm RN who loves the gym, beauty, fashion & food!


Poupee

poupeegirl fashion brand community

friends

archives


credits